Earlier this year the city of Detroit filed Chapter 9 Municipal Bankruptcy but that hasn’t broken the spirit of Detroit and other Michigan entrepreneurs from staying motivated. For example my friend Hajj Flemings launched +redetroit a site to magnify the ‘Re-building, Reinvention, and Re-branding’ story that is fueling Detroit’s revitalization.
Not only do entrepreneurs like Hajj have high hopes for the future of Detroit and Michigan as a whole but according to Michigan Growth Capital Symposium, Michigan is a is a growing hotbed for venture capital investment. Take a look at the report below.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Developing a Winning Ecosystem
- World-class Universities, Steady Flow of Ideas
- Support for Motivated VCs, Entrepreneurs and High Growth Startups
- Knowledge Workers
- Innovative, Venture Backed Startups
View of Venture Capital Investment
- How Michigan Stacks Up in the Midwest
- Segmenting the Hot Investment Industries
Venture Capital Activity Trending Up
Still not convinced? Consider the following steady drumbeat of activity…