About Guest Author: Amanda DiSilvestro is a writer on topics such as voip phone systems and telemarketing to small businesses and entrepreneurs for Resource Nation.
From smartphones and tablets to social media and comment forums, people have learned to chat in every way possible. People love to stay connected and stay busy, so chatting during downtime seems to be the perfect solution. For this reason, chatting is becoming more and more high tech. So what does this mean for your business?
This means that your business should be utilizing live chat on its website. Consider some of the benefits live chat can have for your company:
Why Customers and Companies Love Live Chat
1. Save Money – The actual live chat software is very inexpensive, and your company can save by allowing employees to do more things at once. In other words, employees can chat to several different customers all at once as opposed to one at a time on the phone. And trust, having ten chat windows open for most future generations is a cinch. Employees will also likely prefer this method because they will feel extra busy.
2. Customer Convenience – Many customers want to buy online, but they often have questions that are better answered in the store. Live chat brings together the best of both world, and I think you will find that customers will embrace live chat for this exact reason. They will be able to get the answers they want when they want them without having to wait on a traditional business phone system for someone to help.
3. Competition – Although chatting online is second nature to many consumers, offering live chat is a fairly new idea in the business world. In other words, you will have a lot of customers interested to use your new service without the competition.
4. Increase Revenue and Customer Satisfaction – There is often a lot of back and forth that happens when someone is making a purchase. If they are making the purchase online, they very well might consider a few questions that lead them to turn away from the product or service. Had someone been there answering their questions right away, they may have made a different decision. According to a study reported in Forbes magazine, Wells Fargo used online chat and found that their customer satisfaction scores significantly increased.
5. Efficiency – One of the reasons live chat is so convenient and can help save a company money is because everything gets done faster. Employees will be able to talk with concerned customers faster and customers will be able to get their questions answered faster; thus increasing the overall time spent on a sale. This will allow your company to be more efficient with its time.
If you think that live chat is right for your company, consider trying a few different software first before making a decision. Most software does offer a free trial, so have your employees try it out and see what they think. It’s important that any employee utilizing free chat is trained in the program as well as how to talk with customers via live chat. For more information on software, visit Top Ten Reviews.
Photo Credit: vietave.com