As you watch, you’ll see a general consensus on a few really important points. They’d make a decent poster:
- Our phones demand too much attention, detracting from our real experiences.
- Analog metaphors are making less sense on digital devices.
- We’re waiting for new paradigms in experiencing media like text on screens.
- UX is a living, somewhat unpredictable thing. All experiences need to be fluid and flexible now.
- You shouldn’t just try to understand a product. You should try to understand its connected network.
- An “Internet of things”–countless connected sensors–is coming (and here).
- All of our information feeds into something larger than ourselves, a “superorganism” or “colony” of digital information.
- The hive mind got so big that greater Internet thought is now manifesting locally (think Egypt’s uprising or Occupy Wall Street).