Still, as a nation, we have made a lot of progress. I’m glad we have a day of reflection to honor the work and passion Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He lived and died for the cause and his impact give us hope. His words inspire us all to achieve greatness, love all and create a just society for all women, men and children of all races and genders.
As we reflect on today here are 14 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes To Inspire Change in 2016.
1. “We are not makers of history. We are made by history.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
6. “All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
8. “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
9. “I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality… I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
10. “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
11. “Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
12. “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
13. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
14. “We must use time creatively.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Post photo “Rev. Martin Luther King, head-and-shoulders portrait, seated, facing front, hands extended upward, during a press conference / World Telegram & Sun photo by Dick DeMarsico.” via Wikimedia Commons
10 Inspiring MLK Quotes on Leadership and Purpose
5 Insanely Inspirational Quotes For Entrepreneurs
20 Martin Luther King Quotes for Entrepreneurs and Leaders
88 Iconic Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes