It’s that time of the year to vote on your favorite 2013 South by Southwest (sxsw) Interactive Festival Panel Topics.. This year SXSW reports there were over 3200 speaking proposals submitted. For newbies the voting process works this way:
- Public voting only accounts for 30% of the decision-making process on your proposal.
- SXSW Advisory Board (40%)
- The input of the SXSW staff (30%).
Voting on SXSW panels ends Friday, August 31 (11:59 PM CST) and on October 15, the first batch of topics will be announced.
SXSW is one of those must attend events that I recommend anyone in the technology, programming, startup, entrepreneurship, social media, innovation space or just a geek to attend. If you’re looking to meet awesome people and have a good time, it’s good for that too. I’ve been lucky enough to speak at SXSW since 2009 and participate on three panels, one solo talk and one time as a moderator.
- 2012 – SXSW 2012 Panel – CNN’s Black in America / Silicon Valley: Aftermath
- 2011 – Moderator – SXSW 2011 – Future15 Online Video
- 2010 – Becoming a Real-Time Video Blogger in 2010 [ slides]
- 2010 – Paypal Community Innovation Summit
- 2009 – Panel: Digital Urbanites: How to Become Part of the New Social Capital
For past and upcoming speaking events visit: http://socialwayne.com/speaking/
For 2013 I wanted to submit a topic based off a lot of the conversations I’ve been having over the past two years while working with upcoming entrepreneurs. That topic is around pitching to venture capitalist. I wouldn’t say I’m an expert but I’ve worked with more than enough founders and investors to deliver a unique approach to entrepreneurs that I believe will be valuable at SXSW.
This year SXSW asked everyone to submit a video or presentation along with their submission. You can see my What Founders Need To Know When Pitching to A VC SXSW topic slides below.
Now you know what comes next. Visit the SXSW Panel Picker, create an account and please upvote my topic.
During the voting process I’ll post more about the topic and other panels I think you should keep an eye on.
Good luck to all and thanks!