What a week for location-based applications/services. From being called the next big thing in social marketing to being said no one is using location-based apps, this week one of the most exciting week for location-based applications in a while. Here's a list of 30 location-based articles you may have missed from last week.
Check-in with @TriOut at the @Triangledotcom tent during Raleigh Wide Open for a chance to win $50 #RWO5
This Saturday downtown Raleigh will be packed with thousands of people participating in a full day of events for Raleigh Wide Open 5. The day kicks off with a parade starting at 11:00 am and ends with fireworks at 10:45 pm. There’s literally something for everyone throughout the day and you can see a full list of event here: Raleigh Wide Open 5 schedule. Also during the day expect to see tons of vendor tents from local businesses. One tent everyone should visit is the Triangle.com tent. Not only will the one and only Mike Williams (@imikewilliams) be there but Triangle.com is giving [...]
Podcast #14: Rob Reed, founder of @MomentFeed on location-based marketing/measuring, foursquare, facebook, and google’s location’s plans
This week on the SocialWayne.com Podcast I interview Rob Reed @maxgladwell, founder of @MomentFeed. MomentFeed is a new location-based marketing agency that is committed to developing “Location-Based Engagements” as a new marketing channel. During the podcast we discussed the recent Forrester location-based marketing report, the success of Foursquare and what's Facebook and Google's plans for location. We also discussed MomentFeed's products, the future of location-based services and more. Subscribe to the podcast and/or listen below.
- Morning.... to be continue #
- RT @GwynneMurphy: Welcome to my new online home! Inaugural post: "Brand Names & Classic Throwback Style" http://bit.ly/blU8I2 / Congrats #
- How are businesses cashing in on location-based services? http://is.gd/dOIat @triangleama luncheon Aug 19 via @shanetjohnston #triama #
- RT @danlondon: RT @tonychester: Prototype an interactive iPad app in 30 minutes using Keynote - http://is.gd/dOGIl #
- @danlondon @Postgrad like @KarlSakas it's both + Education to users, everyone doesn't have a smartphone & providing a reason to check-in in [...]
6 Reasons why you should check-in with location-based services such as TriOut, Foursquare, Brightkite, Whrrl, Gowalla, Scvngr, PlacePop, Yelp and more!
Yesterday afternoon I was on a geo / location-based twitter rant due to various market research reports and blog post about the value of location-based services and the adoption of them. I’m not saying the research was inaccurate but I think the main message that was being delivered to marketers about the current state of location-based services could have been delivered better. If you have no clue what I’m talking about read the following post:
Today, while reading RSS feeds in my Google Reader, I came across these interesting blog posts. Some of the post topics range from WordPress, location-based applications, themes/tips, marketing, design, youtube videos, blogging, social media and social networks. If you found one of them useful or if you have any feedback, let me know in the comments.
- Good morning #
- @cc_chapman @beley @NadiaDaeng thanks have a great day. / @cc_chapman yes sir and you? in reply to cc_chapman #
- Testing @google places app on a nexus one. It's no game but I can see it being a very useful geo app, especially for businesses #
- @imikewilliams yes, we're talking about it today. Thanks in reply to imikewilliams #
- Great thing about being a small bootstrapped startup is that you can push a button & boom you change direction & keep moving forward #
- So @forrester comes out with the Location-Based Social Networks, Mobile Engagement Emerges report [...]