One of the iPhone applications I was ready to see upgraded for the iPad is now ready for download, Google Earth [iTunes link]. Gone are the days of pixelated 2x double size maps with the upgraded version of Google Earth and the app looks great. Now I can zoom in anywhere in the world in full iPad resolution. Here are a few screenshots of the app.
Google Earth Features:
• Navigate the world with a swipe of your finger
• Swipe with two fingers to adjust your view to see mountainous terrain
• Show the Panoramio layer and browse the millions of geo-located photos from around the world
• View geo-located Wikipedia articles
• Use the Location feature to fly to your current location
• Search for cities, places, and business around the globe with Google Local Search
What’s New in Version 3.0.0
• Native support for iPad, including full resolution imagery and an iPad-specific look and feel
• Road layer added for iPad and iPhone 3GS
If you’re a Google Earth fan let me know your thoughts about the app. Any features missing or you thought Google should have added in the upgraded app?
— Post From My iPad