LiveStream’s new service features:
- Fully branded user experience on your website, syndication partners website, Livestream.com and Facebook.
- Viral At The Core – Through chat, your viewers promote links to your live event and destinations using Twitter and Facebook status updates.
- Social At The Core – Watch within Facebook, build followers for your Twitter profile and Facebook pages/applications.
- Scalable – The Livestream Platform can handle hundreds of thousands of simultaneous viewers.
More info: http://cdn.livestream.com/services//
Here’s a screen shot from Ustream’s Facebook live event page.
Ustream’s service features:
- Ability to customize headers and banners
- Live interactive video to promote upcoming projects and engage fans
- Ability to chat with millions of fans simultaneously
- Facebook live stream box allows fans to communicate with their favorite brands and artists and to spread their comments virally among friends
More info: http://www.ustream.tv/
Both services seems to target bands and artist who want to broadcast live and interact with fans on Facebook and Twitter. While I think this is a great idea and plug for both platforms including Facebook. My question is why host a live video on Facebook when you can host the event on your main website? But I do get the simplicity factor since bands, artist and people spend so much time on Facebook, so just add the ability to host a live video show directly from a fanpage. hmmm
Has anyone used either one of the services from within FaceBook and you’re not a in a band or a music artist? If so how was your experience?