For all speaking request please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have Spoken At:
- April: Skype: Panel: Social Media and Entrepreneurship – Texas Southern University
- April: Stanford, CA -Panel – Venture Capitalism & Entrepreneurship – Stanford University
- January: Raleigh, NC – Keynote – National Black Student Leadership Conference for the The Williams Leadership Education Foundation
- March: Austin, TX – SXSW 2012 Panel – CNN’s Black in America / Silicon Valley: Aftermath
- May: Chicago, IL- Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference & Expo – Boot Camp – Going Mobile
- October: Mountain View, CA – Panel – “Know Thy Market” – Astia’s Global Entrepreneur Program
- November: Redwood City, CA – Panel – Analysis of latest angel deals and exits – Smart$Money Executive Program
- December: Mountain View, CA – Speaker – Global Women Entrepreneurs Event – Women Can Be Jedi Masters: TEDx BayArea
- December: San Francisco, CA – Mentor: The Lean Startup Conference
- March: Austin, TX – Moderator – SXSW 2011 – Future15 Online Video
- May: Atlanta, GA – Panel – Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference & Expo – Go Digital or Die Trying
- September: Washington, DC – Panel- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation’s 2011 Annual Legislative Conference Social Media & Entrepreneurship: Using Technology to Build a Successful Business
- October: New York – O’Reilly Web 2.0 conference – Prepare for the 2012 Social Media Landscape
- October: New York – Panel – Festival of the New Black Imagination – Art & Technology
- November: Durham, NC – Panel – Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Conference at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business – Growing a tech start-up in difficult economic times
- November: Wilmington, NC – Panel – UNC Cause 2010 – Social Media
- November: Raleigh, NC – Panel – Internet Summit 2010 – Geo/Location
- November: Raleigh, NC – Panel – Internet Summit 2010 – Social Networking Privacy
- November: Chapel Hill, NC – Ninth Annual NC Public Relations & Marketing Seminar
- October: Las Vegas, NV – BlogWorld & New Media Expo – Panel – Location, Location, Location
- October: Las Vegas, NV – BlogWorld & New Media Expo – Panel -I’m nothing without my fans
- October: Boston, MA – Panel – Geo M – The Future of Geo Marketing and Technology – Geo/Location
- October: Boston, MA – Panel – Inbound Marketing Summit – Geo/Location
- October: Greensboro, NC – ConvergeSouth – Panel – Branding, Community & Social Media
- October: Southfield, MI – BrandCamp – What does your check-ins mean for your personal brand.
- October: Miami, FL – Blogalicious – Location-Based Applications and Privacy
- September: New York City, NY – Panel – Location-Based Marketing Summit
- September: Raleigh, NC – aitpRTP Sept. Meeting – Social Media in 2010
- September: Raleigh, NC – REBarCampRDU – Location based apps + Real Estate
- August: Raleigh, NC – @Triangleama – Location-based marketing, it’s more than simply checking in!
- August: Research Triangle Park, NC – Marketing Mondays,What is location-based marketing, and how can it help you?
- July: Boston, MA – Panel – To Check-In or Not To Check-In? The Opportunities of Location Based Social Networking
- July: Cary, NC – SAS – The core values of Social Media and personal branding for kids
- July: Durham, NC – @TIMC_NC – Panel: Doing Business the hyper-local Social Media Way
- July: Charlotte, NC – @SoFresh – Panel: The Evolution of Foursquare Marketing
- June: Durham, NC – Triangle AMA Social Media Boot camp – Locating based marketing
- May: Raleigh, NC - WordCamp Raleigh 2010 - Using WordPress To Build Your Brand
- May: Charlotte, NC - Social Media Breakfast Charlotte - Social Media and Event Success Panel
- May: Charlotte, NC – Search Exchange – Location Based Marketing, Why you should care about all of those check-ins
- April: Raleigh, NC - WWW2010 / FutureWeb 2010 – The Future of Social Networks and the Web Panel
- March: Austin, TX - SXSW - Becoming a Real-Time Video Blogger in 2010 [ slides]
- March: Austin, TX - SXSW - Paypal Community Innovation Summit
- February: Chapel Hill, NC - AnalyticsCamp – Panel – Location Based Apps and measuring check-ins
- January: RTP, NC - North Carolina Economic Developers Association, Inc - Social Media 2010: The New Horizon Talk
- January: Durham, NC - Science Online 2010 – 19 Reasons Why Triangle is better than the Silicon Valley
- January: Nashville, TN - Social Fresh Nashville – Panel – Twitter & Facebook Success
- November: Raleigh, NC – Internet Summit – Online Video Panel
- November: Cary, NC – ReBarCampRDU – http://www.rebarcamprdu.com – Personal Brand and Blogging
- October: Las Vegas, NV – Blog World Expo – http://www.blogworldexpo.com
- October: Durham, NC – Social Media Business Forum – socialmediabusinessforum.com – Social Media Listening and Monitoring Basics
- October: Orlando, FL – IZEAFest- http://izeafest.com/screen-gems/ (Panel)
- September: Chapel Hill, NC – North Carolina Literary Festival, Twitter as new form of written communication and how it is being used.
- August: Charlotte, NC – SocialFresh – Moderator: Future of Social Media Technology Panel
- August: Raleigh, NC – Triangle AMA’s August luncheon: ‘Building Your Personal Brand Through Social Media’
- August: Carrboro, NC – Westend Tweetup – Twitter, the past, the present & the future.
- August: Raleigh, NC – Ignite Raleigh – 19 Reasons why the Triangle is better than the Silicon Valley
- July: Webinar: STR8 Talk: How to listen to your customers online using social media.
- June: Wilmington, NC – Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Group – Social Media, why now?
- June: Durham, NC - WordCampRDU – WordPress & Twitter: It takes 2 to make a blog go right
- May: Raleigh, NC – Raleigh Social Media Breakfast – Social Networking Etiquette
- May: Fox News 8, Interview – Social Networking Etiquette -
- April: Chapel Hill, NC - TABJ - Panel Social Media: Role of Journalists in Social Media—is there one?
- April: Raleigh, NC - Springstage, NCStartup Blog, – Panel: Networking, On-line and Off-line
- March: Raleigh, NC - Raleigh Chamber - Topic: Using Social Media to Enhance Your Business with Martin Brossman
- March: Austin, TX – SXSW Interactive – Panel: Digital Urbanites: How to Become Part of the New Social Capital
- March: PubCon Austin, TX, Panel:Social Media & Business
- February: Carrboro, NC - NC Comedy Arts Festival, Topic: Social Media Comedy Club [slides]
- January: Boulder, CO – Chicks who click Conference – Panel: Using Your Social Toolbox
- December: Greensboro’s Final Cut Pro Users Group, via Tom Lassiter: Topic: Online Video Trends and what’s new.
- November: UNC, Chapel Hill, NC, Technologies of Friendship, Topic: The Power of You; Social Networks
- November: Cary, NC - Understanding and Proper Business Use of Micro-Blogs,
- November: Charlotte, NC – WordCamp Charlotte – Panel: Promotion/Marketing Panel
- October: Durham, NC - Inside Duke Medicine - Topic: Blogging and using video for reporting.
- October: UNC, Chapel Hill, NC, – Computers and Society class - Topic: Social Networking, past, present and the future.
- June: Greensboro, NC - Converge South, NC A&T – Topic: Citizen Journalism and new media tools.
- June: Greensboro, NC – Society of Professional Journalists - Topic: Citizen Journalism and new media tools.
- June: UMass-Lowell, MA - New England News Forum - Topic: Citizen Journalism and new media tools.
- April: Raleigh, NC - WNCN – NBC17 – MyNC, Topic: Twitter in the Newsroom.
- April Durham, NC – Next Newsroom Conference Duke University, Topic: Using Social Media to report the news
- January: Durham, NC Refresh The Triangle -Topic: Twitter for fun and profit [slides]
- Founder Pitching
- Venture Capital
- Social Media Marketing
- social media/network etiquette
- Tech Event Planning(tweetups, meetups, hackathons)
- Social Tool box/workflows
- Personal Brands
- Marketing & Tech
- Social Networks
- Digital Divide
Quotes and recommendations:
“Wayne was a great speaker and knows his “Social Media”
“ Most Impressive, informative. Wayne is am excellent speaker who gave us all valuable insight into the Social Media market. Our thanks to the Ty and the sponsors for having this meetup ”
Rhett King, DC
“ I thought Wayne was great I think I definitely walked away with more info than I had going in. Thanks ”
Jeff Tippett, Outreach Strategist, Calvert Holdings, Inc.
“Wayne Sutton exhibits a natural passion to connect people. A social media guru, Wayne understands technology and helps people apply tools to meet their overall objective. Wayne has truly won the respect of all those with whom he works.”
Brian Russell, Consultant, Yesh Design
“Wayne is a very energetic and hard working collaborator. He strikes a great balance between serving others and getting ahead. THIS is why I trust him completely. Plus he knows his social tech!”
flickr photo by ttnk